- (Meditation) it is the attuning of the mental body and the
physical body to its spiritual source.
- Ye must learn to meditate. Then, there must be a conscious
contact with that which is a part of thy body - physical, thy
body-mental, to thy soul-body or thy superconsciousness.
- Yet it is found that within the body there are channels, there
are ducts, there are glands, there are activities that perform
no one knows what!
- enter in even as in the closet of one's inner self and pours
out self that the inner man may be filled with the Spirit of
- (Meditation) is prayer from within the inner self.
- A physical condition happens, a physical activity takes place!
- (Acting on) the imaginative or the impulsive and the sources of
impulse are aroused by the shutting out of thought pertaining
to activities or attributes of the carnal forces of man.
- Then, changes naturally take place when there is the arousing of
that stimuli within the individual that has within it the seat
of the soul's dwelling.
- it rises from the glands known in the body as the lyden, or to
the lyden (Leydig) and through the reproductive forces themselves,
which are the very essence of Life itself within
- for these functionings never reach that position or place that
they do not continue to secrete that which makes for virility.
- The spirit and the soul is within its encasement, or its temple
- With the arousing then of this image, it rises alone that which
is known as the Appian Way, or the pineal center, to the base of
the brain, that it may be disseminated to those centers that give
activity for the whole of the mental and physical being. It
rises then to the hidden eye in the center of the brain system,
or is felt in the forefront of the head. (Between eyes and above
- Self-preparation is necessary!
- The body be cleansed with pure water.
- that certain types of breathing are taken, that there may be an
even balance in the whole of the respiratory system, that the
circulations becomes normal in its flow through the body.
- That certain or definite odors produce those conditions (or are
conducive to producing of conditions) that allay of stimulate
the activity of portions of the system, that the more carnal or
more material sources are laid aside, or the whole of the body
is purified so that the purity of thought as it rises has less
to work against in its dissemiation of that it brings to the
whole of the system, in its rising through the whole of these
centers, stations or places along the body.
- also certain incantations, as a drone of certain sounds, as the
tolling of certain tones, bells, cymbals, drums, or various
(in Bible) kinds of skin.
- Savages raise with the battlecry, words, and things - the passion
for destructive forces.
- Just the same may there be raised, not sedative to these but a
cleansing of the body. (In the Light)
- Find that which is to yourself the more certain way to your
consciousness of purifying body and mind, before ye attempt to
enter into the meditation as to raise the image of that through
which ye are seeking to know the will or the activity of thee
Creative Forces for ye are raising in meditation actual creation
taking place within the inner self.
- from the keeping away from certain foods, or from certain
associations, or from those thoughts.
- (So the Creator being raised has full expression in) those radial
senses from which, or centers from which all the physical organs,
the mental organs, receive their stimuli for activity.
- (Purify, then meditate) that healing of every kind and nature may
be disseminated on the wings of thought.
- (Without proper purification, physical or mental disorders result
from raising our creative forces prematurely.)
- Cleanse the body with pure water. Sit or lie in an easy position,
without binding garments about the body.
- Breathe in through the right nostril three times, and exhale
through the mouth. Repeat with left nostril, exhale through the
- Then, with low music or incantations let self go deeper, to the
seeing, feeling, experiencing of that image in the creative
forces of love, enter into the Holy of Holies.
- see it disseminated through the inner eye
- Then listen to the music of each center responding.
- First, cleanse the room - (no unkind thoughts allowed)
- He went in the strength of that "meat" received for many days.
- I have had meat that ye know not of!
- Ye must eat of my body; ye must drink of my blood.
- Do write what is thy ideal.
- Just as the awareness, the unfoldments come to the self As the
entity applies that it has chosen and does choose from day to day.
- Yea, there will come, those directions by that constant communion
- guided by a stablized ideal (the two became one)
- When you are moved by full accord, use the intonations, the
breathing, the posture; but let this be rather an outgrowth of
- (In our temple) There let the voice, the feeling direct; yea,
let the spirit of the purpose of self be free in its direction
- Attune yourself almost in the same manner as you tune a violin
- Turn self inward then, at given periods, at specific times.
- in the mount of thine own self
- (Cayce approved "The Secret Doctrine".)
- (The promises of Jesus given in the book of John help us unlock
- He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet receives a
- each entity should of its own volition and desire perfect that
approach which to the self answers that need within.
- Neither may one tell another that which answers to that awareness
- Let self loose, as it were; for thy prayer ascends to the throne
of grace, ever; only as self, though, metes out to thy fellow man.
- nor will one have the door open lest they expect same.
- Set definite periods - listening to the voice of thy Maker
- He will answer thee openly
- be able to see the good - condone not with same, but see
281-13 to some the song of the spheres is necessary for their
281-13 to another the beauties in the sunset, in the water, or how,
yet all are acknowledging, the power of the Christ in the
activative forces of nature, life, material, itself!
- (No sacrifice is necessary save) the desires of self
to be one with Him.
- Then sit as in readiness
- for mentally and spiritually He Is ever present.
- (Purge the body with oils.)
- Do That Thy Consciousness directs thee!
- (Cayce approved Yoga)
- Breath is the basis of the living organism's activity.
- By this breathing (Yoga), this (Leydig) may be made to expand -
as it moves along the path that is taken in its first inception,
at conception, and opens the seven centers of the body that
radiate or are active upon the organisms of the body.
- For though ye take the "wings of the morning" and fly to the
utmost parts of heaven, ye will find Him there.
- first study the variations of what has been the body
temperament, in thought, in food.
- Crucify desire in self.
- (Sex) to over-exercise as to bring detrimental forces; unless
the desire and purpose is acknowledged and set In the influence
of self as to its direction when loosened by the kundaline
activities through the body.
- (Direct the breath to certain parts of the body.)
- Do whatever is required for this.
- The left nostril opens the center - if ye would have thy
- Keep an even balance.
- (Meditate) facing the East (polarity) - In the same place each day.
- (Each person is) a development unto the law.
- Hence the hands should always cross the solar plexus the balancing
between the forces of the body when meditating or seeking for the
opening of self to the unseen sources.
- Never open self, my friend, without surrounding self
with the spirit of the Christ.
- In the manner of crossing the hands over the solar plexus, either
on the plexus area - the 9th dorsal - or the umbilical plexus -
as indicated in the body here (Edgar Cayce) through which this
- (Meditate) Either 11 to 12 in the day or 11 to 12 in the evening,
or the best is 2 to 3 in the morning. (For at least 30 minutes.)
- Begin with "Oriental incense." Hum O - O - O - Ah - Ah - Umm -
O - O - O feel the essence of the incense through the body
- This will open the kundaline forces of the body.
- as they (kundaline forces) go through the various
centers direct same
- begin with the incantation of the Ar-Ar-r-r-r and the E-E-E,
the O-O-O, the M-M-M, raise these in thyself; and ye become
close in the presence of thy Maker. (Home like om)
- Ohm-O-H-M-Mmmmm has ever been, is ever a portion of that which
raises self to the highest influence and the highest vibrations
throughout its whole being that may be experienced.
- (Cayce got the most from the Temple Beautiful. He presided over
the third position there where they called "O-oooo-Ah-M-mmm-U-
uuu-R-rrr-N-nnn".) These as they may be sounded within, not just
the vocal box - as they rise along the centers from the bodily
forces to unite the activities.
- One who meditates is "the Sower going forth to sow."
- R and O and M are those combinations which vibrate to the center
forces of the body itself. (For healing also)
- So, whether from the vibrations of numbers, of metals, of stones,
these are merely to become the necessary influences to make thee
in attune, one with the Creative Forces. - just as the pitch of
a song of praise - So, use them to attune self.
- Listen to no message of a stone, of a number, even of a star;
for they are but servants of the Lord.
- (Temple of Sacrifice) the activities were upon the olfactory
nerves and muscles of the body itself.
- Meditate with white light.
- In Him is "White light".
- The Mount is within thine inner self.
- (Visualizing while quickened, sends influences to others.)
- The white light of the Christ.
- The more forceful (vibrations), the more helpful.
- (Powers raised are transmitted by thought to him who is in accord.)
- It is not above self, but within.
- (After raising the consciousness) He meeteth thee in thine own
tabernacle, in the Holy of Holies; in the third eye - not above.
- the flow of the eternal is through - and to - those portions of
the body to which such suggestions are directed.
- The Cross leads the way, Ever!
- As the body attunes self, as has been given, it may be a channel
where there may be even instant healing with the laying on of
- (Roaring sound in the right ear) the voice of Him cometh as the
rushing of mighty waters.
- In deep meditation there descends the influences to open the
channels along those vistas - to the inmost recesses of Creative
Forces - that find expression either through the movements of
the body, and the hearing of sound, in the consciousness of
odors, in the activity of vision, or there is the presence
that may be read as the open book.
- the records of time and space, present and future - are upon
those films that lie between time and space.
- the cells of the body become attuned to the music of the realms
of light and space and time.
- Mental as a vapor - and it, the energy, the influence - as the
vapor, as the gas - rises to the consciousness within.
- Affinity is the ideal
- each and its atomic self - a portion of the whole
- (Keep body chemistry well-balanced of negative and
positive forces.) -(Chinese Yin - Yang)
- (Potash, the maker of materiality.)
- Not just knowledge, but application!
- Know the glory of the Father through thy dealings
with thy fellow man.
- For there is the bowl that must one day be broken,
the cord that must one day be severed.
- To be absent from the body is to be present with
God. (Out of body)
- or to the glandular forces of the body as the Single Eye.
- (Conjestion is caused by a quickening of creative spinal
impulses fighting the toxic poisons of a cold. Our senses are
also dulled then (of body).
- (Self-will is an Evil.)
- Meditate on the fruits of the Spirit in the inner secrets of the
consciousness, and the cells in the body become aware of the
awakening of the life in their activity.
- the cells of the mind become aware of the life in the spirit
- (In August and September meditation is good for the body!)
- (Deep meditation puts strain on the) areas where the
conditions are not yet coordinate.
- (The Seven Centers are connections that must be
completed between the physical and spiritual bodies)
- The connections between spirit, mind, and body are through the
emunctory and the lymph flow in the blood-force.
- The centers (Chakras) are hindrances to flow.
- (Tiring, headaches, and dizziness result from incoordiation)
between the superficial and deeper circulation.
- (The kundalini stays down in its "seat", until raised in
- Then the making for the high vibrations as are activative with
the system, with these loose as it were and not always being
eliminated through their proper channels, causes a high nerve
tension in the body. Thus it makes for a nervousness and an
- Unless these are controled mentally or are given expression in
constructive force, they turn them upon themselves.
- there may be applied from without to within influences that tend
to make for a more perfect coordination.
- (Cure with) electro-therapy and the Violet Ray
1749-1 (Raising kundalini when the body-mind are not ready causes)
upon the nerve system, especially the sympathetic what might be
called a contaminated stream of negative reaction; causing or
producing a nervous breakdown. Also stomach upset, with gas and
acid by the slowing of the secretions from the lacteals.
1749-1 (Premature raising of kundalini) caused headaches and
dullness - accumulations of poisons - lack of circulations
coordination - melancholia - lachrymal ducts overflow
1749-1 (The cure) Quiet the self mentally - read John 14-17 a
relaxing first of the lumbar centers, gradually going upward to
1749-1 (Firm adjustments - with gentle massage of the lumbar center -
then "have the gentle, soothing, low electrical vibrations as may
gently heat the body throughout. Not the sinusoidal (AC), but the
- intuitive forces are developed more by the introspective
activities of a conscious mind.
- (Through meditation we know past lives, becoming like a sage,
- (These by sticking to the truth - being Spiritual -
to become Masters.)
- Hence the entity in its study may make for self, through the
study of occult forces,by introspection, or entering into silence
to bring these forces into life.
- Not as Mystics - nor as mysterious individuals have given.
- Know the basis of introspection (Prayer or good occult influences?)
- Will must be part of whole
- (Attunement improves) the connective ratios between the Borderland
and the Beyond for the entity.
- the voices may be heard by this body for the entity-
when attuning self
- first there is the desire - then there is the proper
seeking for that desired.
- Turn them to light
- I will abide with thee and bring to thy remembrance
all things from the beginning.
- meditate on that the Lord thy God, thy Christ, would have thee do.
- Beware of impressions respecting digestion.
- (None may come who have not developed the "inner man" - again
read John 14 - 17, its about the spirit of light within you.)
- (Meditate on Kundalini)
- (Some foods are non-psychic.)
- Find what is self's ideal.
- (Many meet their guide during their first psychic experience.)
- And do not be satisfied with a guide other than from
the Throne of Grace itself.
- And when the self is being taught, seek a teacher.
- Seek His face, His ways.
- And as the light comes, as the feelings of the Understanding
come - never by chance, but in His ways - through those things
that may come to thee.
- first the answer is within self's own mental self,
as to whatever is being sought.
- Then in the meditation of that given in outline as a diet for
the soul body, for the psychic faculties, the answer will be
in the spirit. (Light)
- (Find) what is the impelling desire in thy inner
self - council with soul.
- The inner man answers yea or nay.
- (During meditation) he will see and hear from those that he is
attuned with. Sometimes they will be at different places and
different persons - seek the spiritual.
- Know that which Moves the mental.
- Incense attunes the finite to the Infinite.
- through symbol, sign, or vision
- surround self with the light of the Christ-consciousness - by
thought, by word of mouth, by impressing it upon self - also
- certain periods for the meditation
- (If we keep seeking understanding, one day we shall find) the
act or the deed, that is our purpose to glorify God.
- (Meditation is the cure for nervous strain.)
- Kundalini is "that necessary element that makes along the pineal
(Don't forget that this runs from the toes to the crown of the
head!), that will quiet the whole nerve forces, making for that -
as has been given - as the true bread. See this flowing out.
- (Any analgesic acts as a stimulant to the superficial circulation.)
- (Lack of variety robs vitality. Rest the senses by
listening to music.)
- If we fail to apply whats given, the body will act!
- The way is given in meditation!
- (The 30th of Deuteronomy tells of) the Will, the
power from within self.
- necessity for attuning the physical consciousness of those
portions of the anatomical structure, that have become inactive -
(Each unit must be aware of the influences.)
- Vision self being aided by those applications.
- seeing that doing that within self
- (Encourage a "continual flow".)
- (When the forces are raised to the 3rd eye) the
individual becomes a magnet.
- (Meditation builds a protective barrier.)
- (Obtain information on any subject through meditation.)
- Seek first in the light of divine guidance, should
it be asked? Then the answer will be yes or no.
- don't over-ride the conscience or thy ideal
- from what source it (the desire) has originated, or
is in its impelling force?
- By the listening within, there is the answer.
- (Each) knows within when it is in an at-one-ment.
- have the answer within self as thou prayest
- meditate within the chambers of thine own heart
- You can't get far wrong in following the Word, as ye
call thee Work of God.
- Each and every soul has its guides that may be designated by
the desires of the inmost self.
- (Verify your answer in meditation and prayer.)
- only in patience - may ye indeed become aware Of thy soul's
activity. - through it's longings, convictions
- of doing good even when others speak unkindly
- Manifest the fruits of the spirit.
- Only in those measures in which ye forgive may ye be forgiven.
- Only As ye show forth love may love be shown forth to thee!
- the ideas and the ideals of the entity during
that individual experience is evidenced by the information
that it is possible for the entity, in the present experience
in the earth, to do same.
707-6 6. The activities, desires, and the influences that are the
motivating forces in the experience that may bring same
about, then, must necessarily arise from within and not from
without. For these would then as in that experience defeat
the very purpose of the entity in its spiritual, in its
7. Then, as has been indicated, at that season when the
movements of the elements within the natural body
(physically) may coordinate with the mental and spiritual
body (mentally), there should be the seeking. This was
indicated, or may be indicated by the period when certain
plants are in active force, or in bloom; for this becomes
then not as a part of but an evidence, a sign, an omen of the
period being present when in the natural forces - as combined
between mental and spiritual experiences - the entity may be
directed from within, by the motivative forces that move
8. But if the entity listens to that as may be said by old
men's tales or that which is purely hearsay, then the entity
loses its hold upon those forces that have been given, "Abide
in me, and I in the Father may bring to thy remembrance ALL
from the foundations of the earth."
9. Then if the entity will be guided by that which has been just
indicated, and only by that force and influence from within,
there may be hopes of a fulfilling of purposes within self.
10. Do not confuse present and past - they are one, if the
entity, the soul, will make itself attuned to the whole
purpose of Creative Energies and forces that manifest
themselves in the activities of the individual.
11. Ready for questions.
12. (Q) Will it be the proper time to go now?
(A) As has been given, such decisions are to be directed by
that within self that answers to the influences or forces
from without - but the answers and directions must come from
within; rather than by any helping hand.
Rememberest thou all that has been given as to the manner in
which the individual finds self? Did Moses receive direction
save by the period in the Mount? Did Samuel receive rather
than by the meditating within his own closet? Did David not
find more in the meditating within the valley and the cave?
Did not the Master in the Mount and in the Garden receive the
answers of those directing forces?
These as directions, these as omens, these as signs ONLY, and
the direction from the inward closer walk with thine inner
self and thy purposes and thy desire.
Are they in accord with that which ye would present before
the Throne of mercy and grace, to Him who is the Giver and
Maker of all?
Then thy spirit bears witness with His Spirit in the
directions that ye shall take.
TEXT OF READING 281-13
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at his home on
Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Virginia, this 19th day of
November, 1932, in accordance with request made by
Edgar Cayce himself.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno.
Mildred Davis, H. L. and L. B. Cayce.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading
11:45 to 12:30 P. M.
1. GC: You will have before you the psychic work of
Edgar Cayce, present in this room, the information that has
been and is being given from time to time, especially that
regarding meditation and prayer. You will give, in a clear,
concise, understandable manner just how an individual may
meditate, or pray, without the effort disturbing the mental
or physical body. If this can be given in a general manner,
outline it for us. If it is necessary to be outlined for
specific individuals, you will tell us how individuals may
attain to the understanding necessary for such experiences
not to be detrimental to them.
2. EC: Yes, we have the work, the information that has been
and that maybe given from time to time; especially that in
reference to meditation and prayer.
3. First, in considering such, it would be well to analyze that
difference (that is not always understood) between meditation
4. As it has been defined or given in an illustrated manner by
the Great Teacher, prayer is the MAKING of one's conscious
self more in attune with the spiritual forces that may
manifest in a material world, and is ORDINARILY given as a
COOPERATIVE experience of MANY individuals when all are asked
to come in one accord and one mind; or, as was illustrated
5. Be not as the Pharisees, who love to be seen of men, who make
long dissertation or prayer to be heard of men. They
IMMEDIATELY have their reward in the physical-mental mind.
6. Be rather as he that entered the temple and not so much as
lifting his eyes, smote his breast and said, "God be merciful
to me a sinner!"
7. Which man was justified, this man or he that stood to be
seen of men and thanked God he was not as other men, that he
paid his tithes, that he did the services required in the
temple, that he stood in awe of no one, he was not even as
this heathen who in an uncouth manner, not with washed hands,
not with shaven face attempted to reach the throne of grace?
8. Here we have drawn for us a comparison in prayer: That
which may be the pouring out of the personality of the
individual, or a group who enter in for the purpose of
either outward show to be seen of men; or that enter in even
as in the closet of one's inner self and pours out self that
the inner man may be filled with the Spirit of the Father in
His merciful kindness to men.
9. Now draw the comparisons for meditation: Meditation, then,
is prayer, but is prayer from WITHIN the INNER self, and
partakes not only of the physical inner man but the soul that
is aroused by the spirit of man from within.
10. Well, that we consider this from INDIVIDUAL interpretation,
as well as from group interpretation; or individual
meditation and group meditation.
11. As has been given, there are DEFINITE conditions that arise
from within the inner man when an individual enters into true
or deep meditation. A physical condition happens, a physical
activity takes place! Acting through what? Through that man
has chosen to call the imaginative or the impulsive, and the
sources of impulse are aroused by the shutting out of thought
pertaining to activities or attributes of the carnal forces
of man. That is true whether we are considering it from the
group standpoint or the individual. Then, changes naturally
take place when there is the arousing of that stimuli WITHIN
the individual that has within it the seat of the soul's
dwelling, within the individual body of the entity or man,
and then this partakes of the individuality rather than the
12. If there has been set the mark (mark meaning here the image
that is raised by the individual in its imaginative and
impulse force) such that it takes the form of the ideal the
individual is holding as its standard to be raised to, within
the individual as well as to all forces and powers that are
magnified or to be magnified in the world from without, THEN
the individual (or the image) bears the mark of the Lamb, or
the Christ, or the Holy One, or the Son, or any of the names
we may have given to that which ENABLES the individual to
enter THROUGH IT into the very presence of that which is the
creative force from within itself - see?
13. Some have so overshadowed themselves by abuses of the mental
attributes of the body as to make scars, rather than the
mark, so that only an imperfect image may be raised within
themselves that may rise no higher than the arousing of the
carnal desires within the individual body. We are speaking
individually, of course; we haven't raised it to where it may
be disseminated, for remember it rises from the glands known
in the body as the lyden, or to the lyden [Leydig] and
through the reproductive forces themselves, which are the
very essence of Life itself within an individual - see? for
these functionings never reach that position or place that
they do not continue to secrete that which makes for virility
to an individual physical body. Now we are speaking of
conditions from without and from within!
14. The spirit and the soul is within its encasement, or its
temple within the body of the individual - see? With the
arousing then of this image, it rises along that which is
known as the Appian Way, or the pineal center, to the base of
the BRAIN, that it may be disseminated to those centers that
give activity to the whole of the mental and physical being.
It rises then to the hidden eye in the center of the brain
system, or is felt in the forefront of the head, or in the
place just above the real face - or bridge of nose, see?
15. Do not be confused by the terms that we are necessarily using
to give the exact location of the activities of these
conditions within the individuals, that we may make this
clarified for individuals.
16. When an individual then enters into deep meditation:
17. It has been found throughout the ages (INDIVIDUALS have
found) that self-preparation (to THEM) is necessary. To some
it is necessary that the body be cleansed with pure water,
that certain types of breathing are taken, that there may be
an even balance in the whole of the respiratory system, that
the circulation becomes normal in its flow through the body,
that certain or definite odors produce those conditions (or
are conducive to producing of conditions) that allay or
stimulate the activity of portions of the system, that the
more carnal or more material sources are laid aside, or the
whole of the body is PURIFIED so that the purity of thought
as it rises has less to work against in its dissemination of
that it brings to the whole of the system, in its rising
through the whole of these centers, stations or places along
the body. To be sure, these are conducive; as are also
certain incantations, as a drone of certain sounds, as the
tolling of certain tones, bells, cymbals, drums, or various
kinds of skins. Though we may as higher thought individuals
find some fault with those called savages, they produce or
arouse or bring within themselves - just as we have known, do
know, that there may be raised through the battle-cry, there
may be raised through the using of certain words or things,
the passion or the thirst for destructive forces. Just the
same may there be raised, not sedative to these but a
CLEANSING of the body.
18. "Consecrate yourselves this day that ye may on the morrow
present yourselves before the Lord that He may speak through
YOU!" is not amiss. So, to ALL there may be given:
19. FIND that which is to YOURSELF the more certain way to your
consciousness of PURIFYING body and mind, before ye attempt
to enter into the meditation as to raise the image of that
through which ye are seeking to know the will or the activity
of the Creative Forces; for ye are RAISING in meditation
actual CREATION taking place within the inner self!
20. When one has found that which to self cleanses the body,
whether from the keeping away from certain foods or from
certain associations (either man or woman), or from those
thoughts and activities that would hinder that which is to be
raised from FINDING its full measure of expression in the
INNER man (INNER man, or inner individual, man or woman,
meaning in this sense those radial senses from which, or
centers from which all the physical organs, the mental
organs, receive their stimuli for activity), we readily see
how, then, IN meditation (when one has so purified self) that
HEALING OF EVERY kind and nature may be disseminated on the
wings of thought, that are so much a thing - and so little
considered by the tongue that speaks without taking into
consideration what may be the end thereof!
21. Now, when one has cleansed self, in whatever manner it may
be, there may be no fear that it will become so overpowering
that it will cause any physical or mental disorder. It is
WITHOUT the cleansing that entering any such finds ANY type
or form of disaster, or of pain, or of any dis-ease of any
nature. It is when the thoughts, then, or when the
cleansings of GROUP meditations are conflicting that such
meditations call on the higher forces raised within self for
manifestations and bring those conditions that either draw
one closer to another or make for that which shadows
[shatters?] much in the experiences of others; hence short
group meditations with a CENTRAL thought around some
individual idea, or either in words, incantations, or by
following the speech of one sincere in abilities, efforts or
desires to raise a cooperative activity IN the minds, would
be the better.
22. Then, as one formula - not the only one, to be sure - for an
individual that would enter into meditation for self, for
23. Cleanse the body with pure water. Sit or lie in an easy
position, without binding garments about the body. Breathe
in through the right nostril three times, and exhale through
the mouth. Breathe in three times through the left nostril
and exhale through the right. Then, either with the aid of a
low music, or the incantation of that which carries self
deeper - deeper - to the seeing, feeling, experiencing of
that image in the creative forces of love, enter into the
Holy of Holies. As self feels or experiences the raising of
this, see it disseminated through the INNER eye (not the
carnal eye) to that which will bring the greater
understanding in meeting every condition in the experience of
the body. Then listen to the music that is made as each
center of thine own body responds to that new creative force
that little by little this entering in will enable self to
renew all that is necessary - in Him.
24. First, CLEANSE the room; cleanse the body; cleanse the
surroundings, in thought, in act! Approach not the inner
man, or the inner self, with a grudge or an unkind thought
held against ANY man! or do so to thine own undoing sooner or
25. Prayer and meditation:
26. Prayer is the concerted effort of the physical consciousness
to become attuned to the consciousness of the Creator, either
collectively or individually! MEDITATION is EMPTYING self of
all that hinders the creative forces from rising along the
natural channels of the physical man to be disseminated
through those centers and sources that create the activities
of the physical, the mental, the spiritual man; properly done
must make one STRONGER mentally, physically, for has it not
been given? He went in the strength of that meat received
for many days? Was it not given by Him who has shown us the
Way, "I have had meat that ye know not of"? As we give out,
so does the WHOLE of man - physically and mentally become
depleted, yet in entering into the silence, entering into the
silence in meditation, with a clean hand, a clean body, a
clean mind, we may receive that strength and power that fits
each individual, each soul, for a greater activity in this
27. "Be not afraid, it is I." Be sure it is Him we worship that
we raise in our inner selves for the dissemination; for, as
He gave, "Ye must eat of my BODY; ye must drink of MY blood."
Raising then in the inner self that image of the Christ, love
of the God-Consciousness, is MAKING the body so cleansed as
to be barred against all powers that would in any manner
28. Be thou CLEAN, in Him.
29. We are through for the present.
1782-1 47. (Q) Once when meditating on distant objects, I experienced
the sensation of being unpleasantly suspended at a great
height in the universe, with the result that for some time
afterwards I feared the power of too effective a
concentration of thought. Was there something wrong about
the technique I used in trying to efface a sense of my
(A) Turn within, rather than holding to something above
self. For know, the promise is that He shall meet thee
within thine own temple. The technique, then, was in error.
It is not above self, but within. For as ye raise the
consciousness to that within self, He meeteth thee in thine
own tabernacle, in the holy of holies; in the third eye, -
NOT above same!
The use of these meditations is advised, IF they are kept
within thine own understanding.
48. We are through for the present.
707-1 abilities of the entity to assist in the disseminations of
those tenets that were gathered from time to time - and thus
was in the name Roi-Too.
25. In the present from that experience those things that are of
rote find SOMETHING of a harkening that is not always
understood, bringing within self those abilities for the
dissemination of that which is as an experience of good in
The soul's awakening, whether from the body or the body from without,
must FIND expression from WITHIN.
275-39 (Q) What kind of incense should I use during meditation?
(A) Cedar. And hyssop.
(Meditate in oriental environs, - loose robe) -
There should ever be something that is old, something that is
plaid, something that bespeaks of either the scarab, bull or
serpent; with the perfumes of the East. - these are but those
things that will make for the arousing of the inner self.
New! Soft! Warm! Cool Leather Coats
PRICE BLOWOUT! firstname.lastname@example.org
Checks or MO
Visa or MC